Albany: 2 hours
Boston: 4.5 hours
Burlington: 2 hours
Montreal: 2 hours
New York City: 4.5 hours
Physical Address for GPS: 124 Alstead Hill Lane, Keene, NY 12942 (Sometimes Lane is listed as Road depending on the GPS.)
From the South
- Find the Northway (Route 87) that heads from Albany to Canada. Follow it north to exit 30 (two hours north of Albany) and exit at the Lake Placid/Keene exit.
- Get onto Route 9 heading north (left off Route 87) and follow it a mile or so to a confusing junction. Bear left through this junction onto Route 73 heading towards Keene and Lake Placid.
- Stay on Route 73 through the village of Keene Valley, then through the village of Keene and upon leaving the village of Keene, follow Route 73 approximately half a mile towards Lake Placid.
- Where Route 73 bends left a road branches off to the right, which is Alstead Hill Lane. Take this road and follow it a little less than a half mile you will see the Bark Eater Inn road sign just after Lime Kiln Road.
From the North
- Find the Northway (Route 87), which runs from Canada to Albany, N.Y. Follow it to exit 34 (Keeseville/Ausable Forks exit) and get onto Route 9N heading south (a left off the exit ramp).
- Follow 9N south through Ausable Forks, Jay and Upper Jay, eventually arriving at the village of Keene (thirty minutes from Route 87).
- Make a right onto Route 73 and stay on this road approximately half a mile towards the town of Lake Placid. Where Route 73 bends left and begins to climb steeply a road branches off to the right, which is Alstead Hill Lane. Make a right onto this road and follow it for a little less than a half mile. You will see the Bark Eater Inn road sign just following Lime Kiln Road.
The closest Amtrak is at Westport, 35 minutes away. For information call 1-800-USA-RAIL or visit www.amtrak.com.
If traveling by Air or Train, please contact us directly for information on nearby airports and train stations. Safe Travels!”