We are now offering special programming to engage both our overnight guests and the community alike. Our aim is to offer you interesting and engaging programs that will enhance your Adirondack experience through connections to nature, wellness, outdoor adventure, and ultimate relaxation.
- The Love Lives of Animals: – Sat. February 17th from 2 – 3:30 p.m. Celebrate Valentine’s Day by learning new insights into the unique & wildly diverse mating & courtship habits of the animals living around us. ~Snow dependent walk/snowshoe. Will be indoors in inclement weather. ~$10 suggested donation. Registration preferred but not required.
- Maple Syrup Demonstration: Sat. March 24th: 11 a.m. – Noon. We’re celebrating maple weekend in the Adirondacks and we hope you’ll join in on the sweetness. We’ll be boiling sap all day but we’ll do a demonstration and talk at 11 am with maple popcorn and sap tastings for your enjoyment. ~Free. No Registration Required.
- Spring Equinox Sunset Walk and Bonfire – Tues, March 20th: 7-10 PM Join us for a sunset walk and bonfire to welcome spring, honor the balance of light and darkness, and give gratitude for longer days filled with sunshine and new life ahead. ~ (Snow dependent: XC Ski or Snowshoes required.) Free. No Registration Required.
- Seed Starting Workshop: Saturday, April 21st 5th 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Join our gardener and manager, Meghan Kirkpatrick, to learn about the techniques and wonders of seed starting. Each person will bring home their own flat of mixed starts to nurture and plant in your own gardens or containers. ~Warm sunny window or home growing light required. $30 per person includes 18 – 3″ seeded starts to bring home. Limited space available. Please register by email or phone.
- Signs of Spring: – Saturday, May 5th: 2:00 – 4:00 pm. Join our naturalist, Meghan Kirkpatrick, on a walk through forest, field and garden in search of springs new life; buds and birds, butterflies and bees, what will we see?!?! ~Suggested Donation: $10. Registration preferred but not required.
- Children’s Fishing Derby – Sunday, May 20th, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Join in on the Annual Fishing Derby put on by the Town of Keene and the Rod & Gun Club. Our pond is stocked with gorgeous rainbow trout prior to the event!! ~ Free. No registration required.